[xep-support] no keep.with.next with rx:page-index extension

From: Bob Stayton (bobs@sagehill.net)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 00:38:29 PDT

    I'm formatting an index, using the rx:page-index extension as implemented in
    the DocBook XSL stylesheets. For long index entries that wrap to the next
    line, I would like to keep the last word of the index entry with the page
    numbers. So I put this between the last word of the index entry and the
    <rx:page-index> element:

     <fo:leader leader-length="4pt" keep-with-next.within-line="always"
    keep-with-previous.within-line="always"/>

    My expectation is that the index entry text would break between words
    earlier in the line to put the last word with the page numbers on the next
    line.

    But it doesn't seem to work. That is, the line breaks between the last word
    of the entry and the page number. If I replace the fo:leader with a
    nonbreaking space, that also does not work.
    Is there something in <rx:page-index> that cancels the keep? I can supply a
    sample fo file if that would help.

    Bob Stayton
    Sagehill Enterprises
    DocBook Consulting