[xep-support] XEP & Coldfusion

From: Michael W. Rosa (m.rosa@jea.nl)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 05:47:45 PDT

    Hi,

    Has anyone ever used XEP with ColdFusion? We develop sites in ColdFusion
    and want to use XEP to make press ready PDF's, we just can't get XEP to
    run. We've tried the COM version which works with my ASP test page but
    in ColdFusion we get Jrun errors and the Jrun server stops.

    CFScript code:
    xep = createObject("COM", "XEP.XEPFormatter");

    Response:
    Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
    request.
    JRun closed connection.

    When we try to call it as a java component we also get an error, but
    since we have little to no java experience we have no clue what to do.

    CFScript code:
    xep = createObject("java", "com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver");

    Dump of xep:
    object [unknown type]
    EC_ERROR 1
    EC_OK 0

    Exceptions:
    java.lang.IllegalAccessException - in W:\xsl-fo\XEP.cfm : line 24
    Class coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy can not access a member of class
    com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver with modifiers "private"

    A closer look tells that the Exception is at the point where xep is
    dumped.

    Is there anyone who can give us a hand here? I need to make a prove of
    concept before we can actualy buy the full version.

    Thanks,

    Michael