[xep-support] Keeps and a bullet list

From: Dan Vint (dvint@dvint.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 08:30:31 PDT

    I have a bullet list of about 10 items. Above this list is a single
    paragraph and below it is a section head followed by another section head,
    then another bullet list. This occurs right at a page break where the first
    paragraph and bullet list go to the next page, when the previous page has
    enough room at least for the entire list if not the two following section
    heads before it should break. I have widows and orphans set at 2, so that
    shouldn't be the problem.

    I've tried all the combinations of keeps I can think of to get this list to
    either break or at least go to the previous page. Anyone have the "correct:
    recipe for bullet list design to fix this problem?

    I've identified that part of my problem was the keeps between the two
    headings. But there also appears to be a strong setting that is keeping the
    bullet items together if at all possible, rather than breaking the list.

    ..dan