Re: [xep-support] A3 pages and Landscape Pages

From: Douglas_Morrison@contractor.amat.com
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 06:28:50 PDT

    Hi Ken,

    You are quite right, of course. I was playing around with different ways
    of causing the change in page geometry and forgot that pmsi uses a wrapper
    rather than a switch signal.

    For some applications I think a switch signal is preferable to a wrapper:

    1. It is more flexible, as transitions do not need to be balanced
    2. The return to the original pageset is sometimes not wanted, especially
    if the first page has different headers and footers
    3. If several elements in succession need to be in A3, then they can all
    be included in one pageset (if they are in different pagesets blank pages
    could be emitted to keep the number of sides even)

    One the other hand I can see that a wrapper has other advantages, and for
    many will be easier to implement.

    Regards, Doug x2571

    The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential. If you are
    not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, any
    use or distribution is prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply
    e-mail and delete this message from your computer system. Thank you.

    "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
    Sent by: owner-xep-support@renderx.com
    15/06/2004 18:27
    Please respond to xep-support