[xep-support] True-Type-Fonts

From: Marc Oliver Thoma (thoma@inside-online.de)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 07:32:03 PDT

    Hello,

    i have the following problem:

    I use arial as font and this is my fonts.xml

             ttf="C:\WINNT\Fonts\arial.ttf">
             <embed="true">
         <alias name="Arial"/>

    Bold, italic and bolditalic is embeded in the same way. So far so good. The
    fonts work fine and are embedet in the output-pdf-file.
    But here comes the problem: When i try to put two or more of the
    xep-genererted pdf-files in one. I become an error-message. I use Adobe
    Acrobat 5.0 (the "wirter" not the reader). The error message is in german,
    so i will try to translate it (sorry for it :-))) ) "This documents contains
    fontsubgroups with the same name and canīt be combined".

    When i use Helvetica evrything works fine. Our customer wants to have
    Arial...

    Can u help? Any ideas are welcome.

    Thankfully Marc