RE: [xep-support] XEP Genarating pdfs take long time with .Net interface.

From: Krishnan, Navaneetha (nkrishnan@matlensilver.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 11:53:09 PDT

    Hi Alexander,

    Thanks for your reply. I suspected that this could be a problem with .Net.

    So creted a simple asp page which creates pdf from xml and xsl.

    When i tried to run it with WAS to load test it fails after few minutes. Initially it creates pdf for every three scond after 3 minutes it takes 15-20 secs and after a minute it throws the error.

    I have the code and the error message too. Any help will be appreciated.

    CODE : I did not include the code for function SaveBinaryDataTextStream

            Dim XEP
        Set xep = CreateObject("XEP.XEPFormatter")
        xep.setOutputFormat ("PDF")
        XEP.SetStyleSheetFile Server.MapPath("AssetReport.xsl")

            dt = now()
        objRet = XEP.TransformFile(Server.MapPath("AYA_input.xml"))
        strFileName = Server.MapPath(".") & "\MLReport-" & formatdatetime(dt,1) & "-" & Replace(formatdatetime(dt,3), ":", "-") & ".pdf"

            SaveBinaryDataTextStream strFileName,objRet

            Response.write "Created PDF File : " & strFileName
            set xep = nothing

    ERROR:
    Error Type:
    method setStylesheetFile() in XEP.IXEPFormatter (0x80004005)
    Can't set stylesheet
    /xslfopetest/createXEPpdf.asp, line 5

    Thanks

    Nav