Re: [xep-support] uri(file:xxx) links

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 13:19:38 PDT

    Victor,

    > The purpose for sending the FrameMaker output was so that you
    > could compare the link in it with the link in the XEP output,
    > for purposes of figuring out why the XEP link generates an
    > error in Acrobat 6, but the FrameMaker link does not.
    > I think you'll still want to find out what is going on there.

    Yes, I see the difference: we encode the file name simply as a string,
    while FrameMaker packs it into a /Filespec object. We have no problems
    implementing it this way, even though I see nothing in the PDF Reference
    that invalidates our current scheme. But you know, PDF things are better
    done the way Acrobat understands them, not the way the PDF spec
    is written :-). Thank you for the input; we will do it for the next release.

    Regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev