Re: [xep-support] Intrusion-displace in lists

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 07:57:59 PDT

    Roxane,

    > I try to render a list with labels of different sizes. I want the body to be
    > pushed out when the label is wider than the provisional-distance-between-starts.
    > I have tried to set the intrusion-displace attribute on the list-block and the
    > list-item but none seem to work. The content of the label is automatically
    > wrapped so I have set the wrap-option to no-wrap on the label with the
    > consequence that the content of the label overlaps the body.

    This cannot be achieved with lists; but you can do it with floats.
    For each item, put your body into an ordinary fo:block, and wrap
    the label into a side float at the beginning of that block; specify
    intrusion-displace on the block to make it shrink as a whole.
    Something like this:

    <fo:block intrusion-displace="block">
      <fo:float float="start">
        <fo:block>Your label here</fo:block>