Re: [xep-support] Support for SVG exported from Visio 2003

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 02:49:21 PDT

    Jirka,

    > I tried to insert SVG generated by Visio 2003 into PDF produced by XEP
    > 3.7.5. SVG diagram is inserted however texts and background-colors
    > (fills) are missing. I checked SVG file and it seems it is using SVG
    > constructs which should be supported by XEP (<text> for text, CSS inside

    I am not aware of any problem with either text or fill in XEP 3.7.5. There
    were problems with text positioning in 3.7.6, corrected in 3.7.7; in any case,
    I'd recommend to retry with the latest maintenance release.

    > SVG file also contains lots of elements
    > and attributes from Visio namespace, so this should be cause of problems
    > in XEP.

    Alien namespace elements are ignored by XEP. If SVG elements are _wrapped_
    into Visio elements as containers, than they will be skipped; however, if they
    stay side-by-side, Visio additions should make no harm. It is easy to check:
    just filter your SVG through an XSLT stylesheet, leaving only elements
    in SVG namespace and discarding ailen elements with their entire contents.
    Does it change anything?

    > I can supply you with problematic file.

    Yes, please send the file to support@renderx.com; we will gladly examine it.

    Regards,