Re: [xep-support] vertical spacing supported?

From: Oliver Becker (obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 07:18:10 PDT

    On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:21:31AM +0400, Alexander Peshkov wrote:
    > There are no means for vertical justification in XSL FO.

    [...]
    > MG> The question now is, to avoid blank areas at the end of the page, is it
    > MG> possible to define some constant distance (of the content) to the
    > MG> bottom of the page and will the rendering machine be able to
    > MG> automatically arrange the remaining items on the page to keep this
    > MG> constant distance?

    Wouldn't a stretchable space between the items solve this problem?
    space-after.optimum=" ... your optimal distance ..."
    space-after.maximum="20cm"

    I.e. the renderer can spread the items on the whole page.

    Just an idea ...
    Oliver

    |  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
    |  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
    |  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |