Re: [xep-support] Hyphenation exception list

From: Jirka Kosek (jirka@kosek.cz)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 04:27:36 PST

    Geyrecker Andreas wrote:

    > is there a possibility in XEP to implement a list of words which should not
    > be hyphenated or indicate where hyphenation may occur?

    You can put exceptions at the end of hyphen/{lang}.tex file inside
    \hyphenation primitive. E.g.:

    \hyphenation {
    NeverBreak
    Bre-ak-As-Su-gge-sted
    }

    But I will also welcome some XEP extension facility which will allow
    adding new \hyphenation entries into FO instance. There are situations
    where you can not alter global hyphenation files or you want different
    rules in differents documents.

                                            Jirka