RE: [xep-support] Type 1 Font Embedding

From: Victor Mote (vic@portagepub.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 11:39:05 PST

    Nikolai:

    You are exactly right. Adobe doesn't always ship AFM files with their fonts,
    and I was generating the AFM file from my font editing software. Apparently
    there is a problem there. I found the AFM files on the Adobe web site,
    downloaded them, and that fixed the problem. It was difficult enough to find
    them on the Adobe site that I am posting the URL here in case this helps
    anyone else:
    ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/type/win/all/afmfiles
    There appears to be a roughly 128K limit to downloads in one session.

    Thanks for your prompt and helpful advice.

    Victor Mote