Re: [xep-support] Packaging XEP into Ear file

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 01:41:40 PST

    Hello Raj,

    XEP supports a special 'resource:' URL scheme that allows you to
    search for files along the Java classpath. You can use this feature to
    specify XEP configuration options as described in Section "3.3.XEP
    Core Options" of "XEP 3.7 User Guide" (userguide.pdf). The 'resource:'
    protocol will also allow you to address images packed into ear file
    from XSL-FO.

    In general, the simplest way to use XEP as a single JAR incudes three steps:

    1. Wrap all XEP configuration files (contents of etc/, afm/, and
       hyphen/ subdirs in XEP installation) into a single jar, preserving
       the directory structure. You may want to add some top-level catalog
       as well, i.e. you can create xepresource.jar with a following structure:
       xep37/etc/
         license.txt
         fonts.xml
       xep37/afm/
         Courier.afm
       xep37/hyphen/
         hyphen.tex

    2. Include xepresource.jar into the server classpath.

    3. In your application set com.renderx.xep.ROOT="resource:/xep37/"
       In this case all the relative URLs used for other configuration
       options will refer to the objects inside xepresource.jar relative
       to its root directory 'xep37'.

    Hope this helps.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX

    scc> Hi,
    scc> I need to package XEP into an Ear file. I've moved all the jar files into
    scc> the lib dir under WEB-INF. Where do i put the files under XEP_ROOT/etc ?
    scc> What do i specify as the xep root in my code?
    scc> Also, I have images in the Web Content dir of my ear file. How do i access
    scc> them from within my xsl?
    scc> Regards,
    scc> Raj

    scc> (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
    scc> in the body of the message to majordomo@renderx.com from the address
    scc> you are subscribed from.
    scc> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html