Re: [xep-support] The Penultimate Page

From: mottoson@greenshield.ca
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 03:36:58 PST

    That's something I haven't explored in depth, so I'll give it a try. Just in thinking about it, a marker would certainly work in the case where the page-sequence naturally ends on an odd-numbered page. Placing a marker at the very end would be in the correct place to be retrieved, the page-sequence kicks out a blank page because of the force-page-count="end-on-even"

    It doesn't spring to mind how to make this work in the case where the page-sequence naturally ends on an even page. The marker, then, would be on the "back" of the page - leaving the problem of the wrong barcode value on the penultimate page.

    I'll play around with it and let you know. Any other comments on this approach (or others) would be greatly appreciated.

    ------------------------
    Michael Ottoson, System Developer, 519-739-1133 x5874
    Green Shield Canada, 8677 Anchor Dr., Windsor ON N9A 6W1
    mottoson@greenshield.ca

    jirka@kosek.cz
    2004/03/03 06:17 AM
    Please respond to xep-support

             To: xep-support@renderx.com
            cc: Subject: Re: [xep-support] The Penultimate Page

    mottoson@greenshield.ca wrote:

    > Any suggestions?

    What about using markers? You can place first fo:marker with barcode at the very start of your document and then second fo:marker containing end-of-job indicator at the very end of your document.

      Jirka

       Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
       http://www.kosek.cz

    This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the person
    or organization to which it was addressed. If you have received it in error,
    please notify us immediately by replying to the sender and then deleting the
    e-mail.

    Please encrypt all confidential and sensitive information sent to Green
    Shield using the internet.