[xep-support] Font styles for True Type fonts

From: Tom (tom@themaloneygroup.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 10:11:35 PST

    I have a set of Folio True Type fonts, that includes a .ttf files for bold,
    and a .ttf file for italic, but not one for BoldItalic. I set the
    font-family to FolioBold, and set font-style to italic, but I did not get
    BoldItalic output (a font-style of oblique didn't work either.) I also set
    the font-family to FolioItalic and the font-style to Bold, which also didn't
    work.

    When I use other GUI publishing tools, such as Quark, I can select text and
    the set the styles correctly.

    Is it possible to get BoldItalic without the specific .ttf file?

    Thanks.
    Tom Maloney