Re: [xep-support] XEP 3.7.1: white-space-collapse="false" doesn't work

From: G. Ken Holman (gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 18:36:12 PST

    At 2004-01-16 11:49 +1100, Kevin Yank wrote:
    >G. Ken Holman wrote:
    >
    >>Ummmmm .... when I add white-space-treatment="preserve" everything seems to
    >>work fine ... I don't think XEP is broken, I think the problem is in your
    >>stylesheet.
    >The style sheet in question is the official DocBook XML XSL-FO style sheet
    >from http://docbook.sf.net/. We have published four technical books using
    >this style sheet. All have featured a great many code listings, and all
    >have been correctly indented.
    >
    >As far as I can tell, this style sheet has never used the
    >white-space-treatment attribute. The only thing that has changed in our
    >rendering environment is that we have installed a new version of XEP.
    >
    >Is it really possible that the official DocBook XML XSL-FO style sheet has
    >been buggy all this time and a recent version of XEP simply revealed that bug?

    I can't comment to that, I can only comment on the example you posted to
    the list that I cut and pasted into a file on my system and the behaviour
    of both XEP and AntennaHouse on your example ... both processors don't
    indent without that property, and both do indent with the property.

    And when I researched that part of my book I found I needed that property
    ... you'll note in the free download excerpt from our web site that the
    markup listings are all properly indented ... using those properties. Page
    37 of the excerpt has an example.

    --
    North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-03-15
    Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training