Re: [xep-support] Type 1 fonts

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 01:07:15 PST

    Hello Ryan,

    XEP cannot parse PFMs so first of all you'll need to obtain AFM metric
    for your font. Usually you can request it from your font vendor. You
    can also try to produce AFM using GhostScript, that has a special
    script pf2afm (note however that our clients reported problems with
    this approach).
    In the fonts.xml configuration record you have to use 'pfb' parameter
    instead of 'pfa'. So when you finally get an AFM for the font its
    configuration will be something like this:

            afm="C:\WINNT\Fonts\BRUNSWIN.afm"
            pfb="C:\WINNT\Fonts\BRUNSWIN.pfb"
            embed="true">
        <alias name="NewBrunswick"/>

    For more details regarding font configuration in XEP please refer to
    the section "5.2. PostScript Type 1 Fonts" of "XEP 3.7 User Guide" (userguide.pdf)

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX