[xep-support] Absolute position of images in multi-column layout

From: John Barrett (john@industrialmedium.com)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 12:40:00 PST

  • Next message: Alexander Peshkov: "Re: [xep-support] exact placement of words on a line"

    Not a support question, per se, but I'm hoping that someone will have some advice for me. Generally, I have many XML documents that I'm laying out into a 2 column spread. Easy enough. The documents also have a handful of images that must appear at the top of the second column, on each page. This is where I am having some issues. I have attempted a couple of solutions without much luck, with the exception of counting characters, and forcing column-breaks when I get close to filling a column. This works, for about 80% of the cases, but it seems rather hacky, and it still leaves 20% of the files that need to be hand edited. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?



    (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
    in the body of the message to majordomo@renderx.com from the address
    you are subscribed from.
    (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Sat Jan 10 2004 - 12:51:31 PST