Re: [xep-support] Can RenderX be used for non FO XSLT/XML processing?

From: Oliver Becker (obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 01:16:21 PST

    > I have long been a fan of Michael Kay's no-cost XSLT engine, Saxon. The
    > most recent version of Saxon even has some support for the emerging XSLT
    > 2.0 specification, while still fully supporting XSLT 1.0. You can find
    > this engine readily by Googling for it, or by going to
    > http://saxon.sourceforge.net/

    7.* isn't stable, so for production uses Michael Kay recommends the 6.*
    version.

    By the way, the xep release contains and uses saxon.jar!
    Usage:
    java -jar $XEPHOME/lib/saxon.jar -o result.xml source.xml stylesheet.xsl

    (for windows the command line differs a little bit, probably
    java -jar %XEPHOME%\lib\saxon.jar ...)

    XEPHOME is your xep installation directory. It's used here in this message
    as a placeholder, not necessarily as a true environment variable.

    HTH,
    Oliver

    | ob|do Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker |
    | --+-- E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de |