[xep-support] PDF Accessibility?

From: Ryan Graham (Ryan.Graham@apollogrp.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 14:07:50 PST

    Hi,

    I am having problems making PDFs generated from XEP (3.6) accessible. I get
    the following error when trying to add tags to the document in Acrobat 6:

    "Bad PDF; could not read page structure. <Bad PDF; error in processing
    fonts: cannot find CMap resource file>[1]"

    Has anyone encountered this error, and if so, can you recommend a cause or a
    workaround? More generally, can anyone comment on XEP's support (or lack
    thereof) for creating accessible PDFs?

    Thanks,
    Ryan