Re: [xep-support] fo:inline-container

From: Oliver Becker (obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 05:42:25 PST

    Hi Alexander,

    > We do not plan to support fo:inline-container in the next release.

    what a pity.

    > However your requirements are not quite clear to me. Why do you need
    > fo:inline-container? Text can be aligned to the 'inner' side with
    > use of simple fo:block. What do you mean by "blocks with different
    > widths"?

    Using one fo:block with text-align="inside" would produce this layout:

    +---------------------+ +---------------------+
    | This is text. This | | This is text. This |
    | is text. This is | | is text. This is |
    | text. This is text. | | text. This is text. |
    +---------------------+ +---------------------+

    That means, the text flow will be aligned to the inner side.
    I want a block whose inner text align is left (start), but the block itself
    should be aligned inside:

    +----- page width ----+ +---------------------+
    | This is more | | This is more |
    | text. This is | | text. This is |