[xep-support] start-indent acting strange with tables?

From: Dean, Tim (STP) (Tim.Dean@guidant.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 12:02:53 PST

    I am trying to convert an XSL-FO document that I've been working with in Apache's FOP engine so that it works with XEP. Most of the FO is working as I expect, but I've noted that indentation seems to be off when I try to indent a table.

    My FO content for the table is below. I've sent the start-indent and end-indent properties to .5 inches. However, it appears like I'm getting an indentation of at least an inch, if not more. Playing around with the settings seems to show consistency: Setting the indentation to 1 inch seems to indent by at least 2. Setting it to 2 inches seems to indent by at least 4, etc.

    This same start-indent setting works fine when applied to an fo:block element in the same document. Is there something special about indenting tables that I'm missing?

    Thanks,

    Tim Dean
    Principal Software Engineer
    Guidant Corporation
    4100 Hamline Avenue N, MS E-222
    St. Paul, MN 55112
    Telephone: (651) 582-4791 Fax: (651) 582-7484
    Tim.Dean@guidant.com
    http://www.guidant.com/

    ----
                <fo:table table-layout="fixed" inline-progression-dimension="7.5in" table-omit-header-at-break="false" table-omit-footer-at-break="false" font-size="10pt" start-indent=".5in" end-indent=".5in" space-before="5pt"><fo:table-column column-number="1" column-width="proportional-column-width(40)"/><fo:table-column column-number="2" column-width="proportional-column-width(60)"/><fo:table-body><fo:table-row>
                        <fo:table-cell>
                            <fo:block>
                                Last Programmed
                            </fo:block>
                        </fo:table-cell>
                        <fo:table-cell>
                            <fo:block>
                            </fo:block>
                        </fo:table-cell>
                    </fo:table-row><fo:table-row>
                        <fo:table-cell>
                            <fo:block>
                                Last Reset
                            </fo:block>
                        </fo:table-cell>
                        <fo:table-cell>
                            <fo:block>
                            </fo:block>
                        </fo:table-cell>
                    </fo:table-row><fo:table-row>
                        <fo:table-cell>
                            <fo:block>
                                Tachy Mode Change History
                            </fo:block>
                        </fo:table-cell>
                        <fo:table-cell>
                            <fo:block>
                                    <fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
                                        Monitor + Therapy
                                    </fo:block>

                                    <fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
                                        Monitor Only
                                    </fo:block>
                                </fo:block>
                        </fo:table-cell>
                    </fo:table-row></fo:table-body></fo:table>