RE: [xep-support] Problem embedding Adobe OpenType Fonts, need help please.

From: Bennett Smith (B.Smith@cputech.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 09:14:17 PST

    What Adobe specifications are you refering to with regard to the adobe-*
    attributes? I understand that the values are determined by Adobe, but
    don't know where to find the values for a given OpenType font. Is there
    a tool that reports these values for the font, or are they published in
    some document?

    Is anyone aware of a work-around for this limitation of XEP? Is it
    possible to convert an OpenType font to be a TrueType font so it can be
    embedded in the PDF?

    Is there any word on when XEP will support emdedding of OpenType fonts?
    If there is no known work-around then this would be a very important
    feature to include, hopefully soon!

    Many thanks

    -- Bennett