[xep-support] Postscript fonts and Unicode

From: Henrik Ryom (Henrik_Ryom@Gyldendal.dk)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 07:18:26 PST

    Hello,

    I am trying to use a postscript type 1 font (at the moment 'URWPalladioL-Roma') for my PDF and PS files, but I have some trouble with the Latin extended-A character range (among others). In the font (pfb file) i can find the letter 'Aogonek' using either ATM Light (for windows) og pfaedit (for unix). In the atm file the line for this ghyph is

    C -1 ; WX 778 ; N Aogonek ; B 15 -145 778 700 ;

    The atm file also tell that the font is using Adobe Standard Encoding, but neither the generated PDF nor the PS file contains this character (not even a 'missing character glyph').

    What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Henrik