Re: [xep-support] Null Pointer Exception

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 06:07:51 PDT

    MessageRob,

    > I am in the process of evaluating your software. I have been trying
    > (unsuccessfully) to embed XEP into my JBoss application.

    The problem is due to incorrect class loader manipulations
    in JBoss: java.lang.String used by your application and java.lang.String
    used to load system properties are loaded by two different loaders,
    and appear as different classes. It causes problems for applications
    trying to enumerate system properties via java.util.Enumeration: you
    cannot cast obtained values to java.lang.String because the types
    don't match :-).

    The problem has been already addressed in XEP 3.5.4. I suggest
    upgrading XEP to the latest version.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev