Re: [xep-support] XEP 3.6.1: Invalid PostScript file

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 13:09:16 PDT

    Werner,

    > The accompanying FO file results in an invalid PostScript file with
    > versions 3.6 and 3.6.1 of XEP. With version 3.5.4 it works fine.
    > Our printer as well as Ghostscript 7 complain about the error.

    I could not reproduce the problem with GhostScript 7.04 and 8.00.
    Perhaps it is due to the fact that we don't have fonts available. Could
    you please send me off list (to support@renderx.com) the following
    things:

    - the PostScript file as it comes out from XEP on your site;
    - the error diagnostics for both GhostScript 7 and your printer;
    - the model of the printer.

    (The only change in PostScript for version 3.6 as opposed to 3.5
    is the treatment of page device. It should not cause any problems:
    unlike in 3.5, all calls to setpagedevice are preceded with a check
    for the respective field to be present in currentpagedevice;
    and page device state is correctly restored after individual pages
    and at the end of the document).

    Thank you for the feedback.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev
    RenderX

    The accompanying FO file results in an invalid PostScript file with
    versions 3.6 and 3.6.1 of XEP. With version 3.5.4 it works fine.
    Our printer as well as Ghostscript 7 complain about the error.

    Regards,

    Werner.

    --
    Werner Donné  --  Re BVBA