Re: [xep-support] Hyphenation files on CTAN

From: Jirka Kosek (jirka@kosek.cz)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 05:58:39 PDT

    Nikolai Grigoriev wrote:

    >>For spanish, for example, you have delivered a
    >>modified hyphenation file, which no longer contains \catcode and \lccode
    >>commands. Is there a (semi-)automatic procedure to perform such modifications?
    >
    > No, there is no one; and it is hardly possible to build. I used a Perl script to
    > brush Spanish hyphenation; but it is hardly reusable for any other task.

    Regarding hyphenation files I have one suggestion for you. I know that
    you can not distribute many TeX-based hyphenation files as their licence
    doesn't allow this usage. But it might be very useful to provide links
    to these files in the XEP documentation. Something like:

    Czech hyphenation file can be downloaded from
    http://www.kosek.cz/sw/xep/index.html

                                    Jirka