RE: [xep-support] Extended Unicode characters

From: Jeff Beal (jeff.beal@ansys.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 06:44:07 PDT

    So far as I've been able to tell, XEP can access any Unicode character that
    is in a properly configured font (as documented at
    http://xep.xattic.com/xep/doc/userguide.html#d0e1727). As was discussed in
    a thread last week, XEP won't go "glyph-hunting" through all of the fonts in
    your system. It only looks at the fonts that are specified in the
    font-family property, and those have to be configured in XEP's fonts.xml
    file. It is up to the author to be sure that the fonts specified in
    font-family contain all of the characters requested in the document.

    If you're using Type 1 fonts, be sure to read Section 5.3 of the User Guide
    (http://xep.xattic.com/xep/doc/userguide.html#d0e1727) which discusses
    manually configuring the mapping of Type 1 glyph names to Unicode
    characters.

    Jeff