Re: Re : "[xep-support] Emulating an inline table"

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 03:49:07 PDT

    Hello Louis,

    I can see several possible solutions that will produce appropriate
    visual effect without any need to inline-containers or complicated
    table designs. The most natural approach demonstrated below:

    <fo:block>
      Mandate for
      <fo:inline border-top="thin solid black" alignment-adjust="before-edge" padding-top="2pt">(name of person)</fo:inline>,
      a registered doctor.
    </fo:block>

    If you wish to move baseline relative to before-edge you can add
    baseline-shift. Note that the same effect can be achieved with
    baseline-shift alone, however this solution will be less flexible
    since you will need to hardcode baseline-shift value.
    Another possible approach is to use inline SVG graphic which contains
    required design.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX