Re : "[xep-support] Emulating an inline table"

From: Louis Meigret (meigret@technologist.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 17:14:21 PDT

    G. Ken Holman (gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com) a écrit :

    >At 2003-09-24 17:54 -0500, Louis Meigret wrote:
    >>I would like to emulate an inline table that could be mixed in the
    >>midst of a text paragraph.
    >>Mandate for __________________ , a registered doctor.
    >> (name of person)

    >This is one of the purposes for <inline-container> so that one can
    >add block-level constructs in the middle of an inline.

    Yes, this is what I tried, but it did not work...

    >Unfortunately, XEP doesn't yet support <inline-container>

    That explains my problem then.

    >but I would think it would be on their list of things to do.

    May I ask RenderX when they expect to implement this?

    >So, then the next thing I tried successfully in XSL-FO was the use >of an auto-width table:

    [...]

    Yes, but this is rather complicated for me if I want this to look right (I need to know how much text to pull from the surrounding block and put into the first column and last columns of this 3-column table).

    >I hope this helps.

    Most definitively, many thanks.

    LM