Re: [xep-support] line-through space leader (Fixed-length space that does not stretch from justification)

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 01:17:42 PDT

    Hello Louis,

    Unfortunately, text-decoration="line-through" implementation in XEP is
    not quite compliant. In your case, I suggest to use following
    work-around:
    instead of
      first<fo:leader leader-length="20pt"/>second
    use
      first<fo:inline letter-spacing="20pt - 0.3em">&#xA0;</fo:inline>second

    It will give you the desired effect. Note that in XSL FO
    letter-spacing is *added* to the width of non-breaking space so if you
    want to have exactly a 20pt gap you need to reduce letter-spacing by
    the width of one typographic space which is about 0.3em.

    We plan to improve XEP support for "line-through" value in the
    future, but I can't give you any time line.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX