Re[2]: [xep-support] docbook-fo stylesheets library?

From: Dawid Weiss (Dawid.Weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 11:58:14 PDT

    Thanks Jeff - I looked at the projects you mentioned. They indeed
    provide simple customizations over the default set of stylesheets.
    Don't get me wrong - I think the default stylesheets look o.k., just
    like LaTeX's stylesheets are hard to beat. I was simply looking for
    variety... I mean - docbook is a set of tags that at least
    theoretically should be easy to customize into whatever people can
    think of, right? In reality all the processed documents I see look
    pretty much the same (a slightly different flavor of the default
    stylesheet). We tried to put together a totally different set of
    stylesheets using hard-coded customization in the default docbook
    stylesheets. The result was visually appealing (at least to some), but
    FAR from exhausing the full set of Docbook elements. The conclusion
    being: it is extremely difficult to do something that would differ
    from the default set of stylesheets.

    You can see our version of processed customized docbook at:

    http://www.cs.put.poznan.pl/dweiss/carrot/site/publications/osinski-2003-lingo.pdf
    (it is a large file - over 4.5MB).

    Dawid