RE: [xep-support] Rendering DocBook sets as multiple documents

From: Kevin Yank (kevin@sitepoint.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 17:37:09 PDT

    Thanks to both Ken and Bob for their insights. I should have mentioned that
    I don't need a fully automated solution. This is an occasional, fully
    monitored process that must result in standard PostScript files destined for
    press.

    Not having an intimate knowledge of the PostScript format (I generally
    convert them to PDF with Acrobat Distiller for viewing), I didn't know how
    easy it would be to split two documents out of a single file. Although I'm
    not opposed in principle to hand editing the PostScript files, I'll probably
    go in search of a tool that I can use to perform the document splitting in a
    less error-prone manner.

    -Kevin Yank.