Re: [xep-support] Java error when running trial version of RenderX XEP 3.5.4

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 13:52:07 PDT

    Aimee,

    > ...apparently the command that I was using from the RenderX documentation
    > doesn't work for me (for whatever reason)

    The documentation cites a "pure" form of a Java call. The user is expected
    to know how to set the classpath for Java. In the last but one paragraph of
    Section 3.1 in doc/spec.pdf, you can read:

                If you haven't set CLASSPATH system variable, you will need
                to supply additional -classpath parameter to include required
                library files into class search path.

    > - however, by just calling xep.bat with the various options, I'm able
    > to successfully create my own PDF output using my XML and XSL files.

    That's exactly what xep.bat is for. It sets necessary Java tuneup parameters
    and then hands its arguments over to com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev