Re: [xep-support] pdf page bleeds

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 12:38:36 PDT

    Eric,

    > Does XEP support pdf page bleeds? I tryed setting my margin
    > to -0.5 and the region thats off the page got clipped by the page.
    > Is there something else that I can do to turn off clipping, or do
    > I just have to mange my pagesize?

    There is no support for bleeds in XSL-FO; nor does XEP support it.
    Page size is translated into /MediaBox parameter of the page object;
    moreover, all contents of the page is clipped to the same rectangle.

    Right now, the only option is to set page size wide enough to include
    all bleeds, and then postprocess the formatted result with some
    preflight tool to set /BleedBox, /MediaBox, /TrimBox, /CropBox
    and whatever other boxes you desire :-).

    We are also pondering a possibility to set this information in the
    XSL-FO file (via a processing instruction). However, the actual
    market demand for this feature is not yet clear for us.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev