Re[2]: [xep-support] No border lines are rendered in table-header and table-footer and table-column

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 06:00:28 PDT

    Hello Irmen,

    This is definitely in our 'TODO' list but unfortunately I can't give
    you any time-line yet.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX

    idjen> Thanks Alexander for your reply and suggestion.
    idjen> However, we are very interested to know when the
    idjen> border-collapse="collapse" might
    idjen> be implemented in XEP? (-- this might influence our purchase decision.)

    idjen> Especially since AFAIK border-collapse="collapse" is the default border
    idjen> mode in XSL-FO.

    idjen> -------------
    idjen> Irmen de Jong
    idjen> Everest b.v.

    idjen> Alexander Peshkov <peshkov@renderx.com>
    idjen> Sent by: owner-xep-support@renderx.com
    idjen> 07/29/2003 01:05 PM
    idjen> Please respond to xep-support

    idjen> To: "i.de.jong@everest.nl" <xep-support@renderx.com>
    idjen> cc:
    idjen> Subject: Re: [xep-support] No border lines are rendered in table-header and
    idjen> table-footer and table-column

    idjen> Hello Irmen,

    idjen> As I already mentioned before, borders for table-header, table-footer and
    idjen> table-rows works only in border-collapse='collapse' mode. So the behavior
    idjen> you are expecting will be available in XEP when it implements such a mode.
    idjen> Drawing those borders in border-collapse='separate' mode (currently
    idjen> used by XEP) is contradictory to XSL FO spec.

    idjen> In your particular case if you don't want to place borders on every
    idjen> cell in a table header, you can create two additional rows above and
    idjen> below actual header and place in every such row one table-cell that
    idjen> spans all columns. Those cells will carry necessary border attributes
    idjen> and thus you will have desired visual effect.

    idjen> Best regards,
    idjen> Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    idjen> RenderX

    idjen> (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
    idjen> in the body of the message to majordomo@renderx.com from the address
    idjen> you are subscribed from.
    idjen> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html