Re: [xep-support] EPS Images

From: Adam Rogoyski (rogoyski@math.utexas.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 11:01:58 PDT

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 Jooyong_Lee@omb.eop.gov wrote:

    > I understand that EPS images are only supported in Postcript generator and that
    > in the PDF generation module, they are replaced by bitmap preview images if
    > available. Is there any way to get around this limitation? We are trying to
    > generate high-quality EPS embedded PDF documents using XEP. Will there be a
    > future version of XEP that will include support for EPS images in the PDF
    > generation module?

       You can use pdf image files as images. I was able to get good results
    using ghostscript to do the eps -> pdf conversion, though had problems
    with it putting the image at the bottom of the page. At first I thought
    it didn't work, but I was using the image in a header which was not large
    enough.

       Adam Rogoyski