Re: [xep-support] column-wide footnote extension

From: David Tolpin (dvd@renderx.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 08:57:33 PDT

    > Can anyone tell me if the PAGEWIDE_FOOTNOTES option is implemented as
    > the docs say (XEP 3.5 Academic)? Footnotes in columns seem to render as
    > page-wide regardless. I've also tried the footnotes.fo example from the
    > xsl-fo test suite on the renderx site. It, too, renders the footnotes
    > as column-wide. The command in my xep.sh is below. Any insight is
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian
    >
    > $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -classpath $CP -Dcom.renderx.xep.ROOT=$XEP_HOME
    > -DXEP2_COMPATIBLE_MODE=true -DPAGEWIDE_FOOTNOTES=false
    > com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver $*

    Brian,

    your command line sets Java Virtual Machine property PAGEWIDE_FOOTNOTES.
    Which obviously has no effect on XEP.

    To get the effect you need, you can either set JVM option com.renderx.xep.PAGEWIDE_FOOTNOTES
    by saying

    java -Dcom.renderx.xep.PAGEWIDE_FOOTNOTES=false com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver

    or set XEP option (that is, *after* the class name)

    java com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver -Dcom.renderx.xep.PAGEWIDE_FOOTNOTES=false

    or use the short form of XEP option (not JVM property)

    java com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver -DPAGEWIDE_FOOTNOTES=false

    David Tolpin