[xep-support] Re: PDF Problem !!!

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 05:08:33 PDT

    Hello Janusz,

    > I found extension element rx:page-device (input-tray) but I suppose
    > this one can be use only with <fo:root> (for all document).
    > My question is. Do you know any way to change tray during
    > printing pages from one PDF document?

    To the best of my knowledge, PDF files cannot store information about
    input trays. You have to generate PostScript, and insert calls to
    setpagedevice operator into your code.

    > I found extension element rx:page-device (input-tray) but I suppose
    > this one can be use only with <fo:root> (for all document).

    This is an old extension (from XEP version 2.x), not supported anymore; and
    yes, it only worked globally, defining page device parameters for the whole
    document.

    Right now, XEP has no means to control page device parameters from the
    XSL-FO code. (We plan to implement tray switching in the near future).
    At the moment, the only option is to postprocess the PostScript output
    from XEP. It is relatively simple: each page in XEP's PostScript code
    starts with a %%BeginPageSetup / %%EndPageSetup section
    that encloses a call to setpagedevice operator that sets paper size.
    You can add custom parameters there by e.g. a Perl script.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev
    RenderX