Re: [xep-support] XEP class loading

From: Werner Donné (werner.donne@re.be)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 01:58:47 PDT

    Ewan,

    You are using the J2SE bundled optional package mechanism. Each jar file
    should state its dependency on other packages in its manifest file with
    the Class-Path property. If two jar files, for example, depend on the same
    utility jar, then it is not enough that just one of them states this. It is
    like that for security reasons.

    So, in fact the xep35_server.jar should list the other jars in its manifest
    file. To establish this you could do an experiment in which you add such a
    manifest file to the XEP jar. The real solution is, of course, that the
    manifest file is in one the future releases of XEP.

    Regards,

    Werner.

    --
    Werner Donné  --  Re BVBA