Re[2]: [xep-support] java settings ?

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 01:36:14 PDT

    Hello Jack,

    Adding more memory should solve the problem. As it's noted in my
    available memory limit. Otherwise your system will use a swap and it
    slows down processing for the order of magnitude (as it happens in
    your case). The rough empirical formula to estimate XEP memory
    requirements is "one output page = 0.5-1.0MB of RAM". Clearly, it's
    strongly depends on the document layout but it can give you an idea. I
    expect that adding 512Mb of RAM to your PC will decrease rendering
    time drastically. Number of pages/formatting time dependence is more
    or less linear for large documents (then the document fits into
    available memory).
    By the way, as another option you may consider dividing your document
    in several smaller chunks.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX