[xep-support] White-space in justified paragraph.

From: Mei, Sherman (sherman.mei@gs.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 11:31:32 PDT

    Hi,

    I'm having trouble getting the desired spacing results in my pdf. I have a
    multi-paragraph text which should be full-justified, while preserving any
    in-line spaces, linefeeds, and other whitespace. So I specified the
    following

            <fo:block text-align="justify" linefeed-treatment="preserve" >
            ...multi-paragraph text ..
            </block>

    This preserves my in-line spaces but then throws off the full justification
    because it also preserves the spaces at the beginning and end of each line.
    I thought the

            white-space-treatment="ignore-if-surrounding-linefeed"

    would solve this but it only seemed to operate around linefeeds in original
    text and not ones generated by rendering.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Sherman