[xep-support] conditional page break?

From: Bob Stayton (bobs@sco.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 10:25:43 PDT

    Is there any way to implement a conditional "need"
    page break in XSL-FO and XEP?

    I know about keeps, but sometimes it is hard to code
    a stylesheet to handle all the possible combinations
    of elements and block nesting to get the right keep
    working.

    What I'm looking for is an FO instruction that says
    "if I don't have x inches of space left on the
    current page, break to the next page". This is
    like the old troff .ne instruction.

    Is this possible?

                                                email: bobs@sco.com