Re: [xep-support] Color in PDF

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 01:03:00 PDT

    Raphael,

    > After comparing a document generated by XEP
    > and one other made with Acrobat Distiler, I was
    > wondered why colors between the two PDF were
    > a little bit different. Do you have an idee ?

    XEP's PDF generator maps colors to PDF device
    spaces (/DeviceGray, /DeviceRGB, and /DeviceCMYK)
    with no additional calibration.

    Distiller has a richer set of options to control color transfer:
    just look at the menu under Settings->Job Options->Color.
    Tweaking these may slightly modify your colors. If you need
    an exact match to XEP PDF generator, choose the simplest
    option, "Leave colors unchanged".

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev