Re: [xep-support] Validation fails

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 10:34:49 PST

    Hi Gerald,

    > I am using testing the latest version of your plug in with XMLSPY.
    > while using 3.21 I didn't get any errors However now I am using
    > version 3.31 of the plug in and I am getting these 2 errors:
    > The validation error report is:
    > font family & font size cannot occur at element fo:region-body
    > Is this true?

    Font family and size on regions are reported as errors in XEP
    since version 3.0, released several months ago; nothing changed
    in XEP 3.31 wrt 3.21 in this respect.

    As for the contents of the error message: specifying font properties
    on fo:region-body makes no sense since no text node may ever
    inherit these values - fo:region-* are empty nodes. To specify
    default font for a region, you have to set it on fo:flow/fo:static-content
    that fills that region, or on a higher element (fo:page-sequence or
    fo:root).

    This is a typical problem when using XEP with XSL-FO stylesheets generated
    by Stylevision 5.3. To go ahead, you should set one of XEP options to ignore
    validity problems:

      - DISCARD_IF_NOT_VALID=false instructs XEP to go ahead
        despite validation errors (you see the messages but XEP does not stop);

     - VALIDATE=false turns validation completely off.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev
    RenderX

    I am using testing the latest version of your plug in with XMLSPY.while
    using 3.21 I didn't get any errors However now I am using version 3.31 of
    the plug in and I am getting these 2 errors:
    The validation error report is:
    font family & font size cannot occur at element fo:region-body
    Is this true?

    Regards,
    ... Jerry Sheehan
    ... IT Support Engineer