[xep-support] Back-of-book indexes using RenderX extensions

From: Paul A. Hoadley (paulh@logicsquad.net)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 05:10:29 PST

    Hello,

    There was some traffic on this list last December regarding Ken
    Holman's method for producing back-of-book indexes with page ranges
    and deleted duplicate references. I have since use the implementation
    of this method included in the DocBook XSL stylesheets on DocBook
    documents. The results are good, but (due to the implementation
    rather than the method) not quite as good as I would like. There was
    some talk in that previous thread of using the rx:key and
    rx:page-index extensions to improve index generation -- has anyone
    integrated this approach with the DocBook XSL stylesheets in
    particular? I was thinking of attempting it, but certainly would
    rather not reinvent any wheels.

    --
    Paul.
    mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net