Re: [xep-support] Installation under a NON GUI install of linex.

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 22:59:58 PST

    Hi Nigel,

    > I am trying to install XEP Client v3 under a linex install
    > with no GUI. When I run the setup I get an exception
    > (as it can't initialise the window).

    Have you tried the -c switch? It triggers console (no-GUI) installation.
    Something like this:

         java -cp setup321_client.jar Setup -c

    should do the trick.

    > I am just wondering If I install the package into my classpath
    > whether there are any other system variables or setting I should
    > worry about.. If someone could give me a munal install
    > procedure it would be helpful.

    There is no specific customization: all required stuff is defined
    locally in *.sh scripts. So if you install on a different machine
    and then move the whole tree to your final destination, you will
    only have to update the classpath and -DROOT setting inside
    all launching scripts.

    Regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev