RE: [xep-support] Extend table with empty rows on last page of report

From: Michael Scott (mikesc@telus.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 03:01:23 PST

    Another option, if your customer can accept fixed row heights, is to...

    1) layout the table outlines (it's horizontal and vertical lines) as static
    content using a table with appropriate rows, cells and border settings in
    the xsl-region-header.

    2) then put a second table in the document body to receive the flowed rows
    of text data but do not add any borders, just the text.

    3) finally make sure the document body and it's table are the exact same
    size and in the exact same location as the static table outline.

    Now, every page will contain your empty table grid supplied by the static
    content and the text data will be flowed into (or more accurately overtop)
    the table grid, when the flow reaches the end of the document body (and thus
    the end of the table) a new page is created with a new grid and the data
    flows into it.

    Think of this as a two step process, first you lay down the grid lines, then
    you lay down the text.

    CAUTION - There is a drawback! This technique seperates the border layout
    from the text layout. If the text is too long for the cell width and needs
    to wrap on the next line the trailing border will not move to accomodate
    because it was layed down earlier as static content.

    This will only work if you can pre-determine the row heights and table grid
    in advance. Your sample appears to have variable row heights or at least a
    separating blank row every once in a while. If you must have variable row
    heights flowed down the page then I too think you are out of luck.