Re: [xep-support] Type1 -- accessing characters with code above 256

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 14:31:13 PST

    Hi Jirka,

    > I configured XEP to use this Type1 font, but I can access just
    > characters which are defined in an encoding vector. Is this is known
    > limitation of XEP, or is there any other problem?

    This is a known and documented limitation. For most Type 1 fonts,
    we can access only characters from the embedded encoding.

    > I wanna to use characters like zcaron, which are defined in standard
    > Adobe glyph list as mentioned in documentation, so XEP should find
    > these glyphs in a font.

    The formatter has no problems finding them; but output generators
    are not yet capable of defining custom encodings for fonts. It is
    in the TODO list, but with a relatively low priority: in most cases,
    it is possible to reencode the font outside XEP.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev