[xep-support] Type1 -- accessing characters with code above 256

From: Jirka Kosek (jirka@kosek.cz)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 14:01:34 PST

    Hi,

    I have Type1 font with about 370 characters. I'm not Type1 font expert,
    but PFB file at its start defines encoding vector just for 256
    characters in a form like:

    dup 233 /eacute put

    after that there are some binary data with glyph definitions. I need to
    use characters which are not defined in encoding vector but are present
    in the font (I can use them in TeX using several different TFM files
    with different coverage).

    I configured XEP to use this Type1 font, but I can access just
    characters which are defined in an encoding vector. Is this is known
    limitation of XEP, or is there any other problem?

    I wanna to use characters like zcaron, which are defined in standard
    Adobe glyph list as mentioned in documentation, so XEP should find these
    glyphs in a font.

                                    Jirka